What proceeds will be used for
The proceeds will help fund scholarships for girls who may need financial assistance in order to participate in the program ($290,000 in scholarships were provided in 2014, alone). Over 50% of our girls receive scholarships to participate in the program.Girls on the Run of the Rockies Fact Sheet:
- is an independent council of Girls on the Run® International.
- started in 2005 (known as Girls on the Run of Denver).
- serves 3rd through 8th grade girls.
- More than 4,000 girls will participate in the Girls on the Run this year. each year, approximately 50% of participants qualify for the Girls on the Run of the Rockies scholarship program and pay between $10 and $75 to participate. (Full fee is $150).
- is offered at more than 220 program sites each year.
- program sites include schools and recreation centers.
- programs are available in the greater-Denver area including Pueblo, Colorado Springs and Ft. Collins.
- has more than 500 volunteer coaches every year.
- has received grants from the following foundations:
- Daniels Fund
- Coors Foundation
- Colorado Health Foundation
- Denver Foundation
- El Pomar
- The Anschutz Foundation
- The Anschutz Family Foundation
- RMA 20/30
- Colorado Biz Cares Foundation
- Pikes Peak Community Foundation
- The Joseph Henry Edmondson Foundation
- Girls Only- February
- Girls on the Run 5K – May in Denver and November in Colorado Springs